7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
2019 CPT Updates for Radiology
Bethany Geiger, MBA,
The one constant within the field of health care is change. The annual code set changes are underway and it is important to ensure that all of the necessary changes – codes and guidelines – are implemented within your practice. This session will narrow down the 300+ procedure code changes to those that are most relevant to the specialty of radiology and highlight the changes within the diagnosis code set. January is the perfect time to anticipate snags within the payor’s system and made educated decisions regarding internal "next steps".
At the conclusion of the session , the attendee will be able to:
- State that you’ve updated all of the codes and guidelines pertinent to your radiology practice.
- Explain which edits or changes to the workflow may be necessary to reduce denials due to code changes.
- Recognize opportunities to educate the non-coders in your organization of these changes.
Lunch Provided (For those attending both workshops)
Compliance Plan: Who’s Watching Your Practice? 2019 Updates to Compliance
Karna W. Morrow, CPC, RCC, CCS-P, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
A compliance plan is a living, breathing document and your best defense during an external audit. The OIG continues to emphasize the need for both a monitoring and an auditing program. This session will assist in allocating limited resources in the right direction to secure your practice against the threats of being headline worthy. Data mining within your own system and leveraging what is known from the OIG Work Plan and authoritative sources, you will take away the structure for a solid 2019 compliance plan.
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the resources available to assist with developing a proactive audit plan.
- Build a pathway to incorporate an audit plan into daily operations.
- Recognize the value of an active compliance plan in your practice.